User Rating: 5 / 5

Star ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar Active
 

Since they first met years ago, Sean and Gale had been each other's best friends. They had always spent time together as young adults, going shopping, watching the newest movies, and dining at their favorite restaurants. But the one trip they always anticipated the most was the chance to spend some alone time at the beach watching the sun go down.

It wasn't any different today. As they sat down on the sand, they quickly began goofing around like usual, laughing and poking fun at one another’s taste in music and the way they dress. But after a while, the conversation stopped and an uncomfortable pause settled in between them.

Sean looked out at the horizon, avoiding Gale’s gaze, then asked “How do I know if I like someone?” Gale was quiet for a moment, then began to answer “You can’t stop thinking about them, you always want to spend time together, you feel weird when you’re close to them and whenever you look at them you-”

Gale stopped mid-sentence as she caught Sean’s eyes gazing at her intently, a small smile forming on his lips. Jess felt her heart race and her mouth go dry as she nervously asked “Why, why are you looking at me like that?”

Sean sighed and replied “Because I think I like you.” Gale felt herself blushing as waves of emotions came over her. She didn't know what to say but, in her heart, she knew Sean was right - she had been feeling the same way and she couldn't deny it anymore.

It seemed that their friendship had taken a sudden and unexpected turn that day at the beach. But at the same time, it felt right and they knew that it was meant to be.

0
0
0
s2sdefault

Donate a little?

Use PayPal to support our efforts:

Amount

Genre Poll

Your Favorite Genre?

Sign Up for info from Short-Story.Me!

Stories Tips And Advice