User Rating: 4 / 5

Star ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar Inactive
 

Giulia and Roberto had known each other since childhood. They had grown up together in the small Italian village of Palermo, where Roberto's family owned a vineyard. From the time they were young, Roberto had always been there for Giulia - helping her with homework, picking her up from school, and protecting her from neighborhood bullies.

As they grew older, their relationship blossomed into something more. Many days were spent walking around the town square or dancing in the streets during festivals. On balmy summer nights they would sit by the river and watch the stars twinkle above them while Giulia told Roberto stories of far away places she wanted to visit one day.

Then one day it was time for them to part; Giulia was accepted into a prestigious university in Rome and Roberto stayed behind in Palermo to help his family keep their vineyard going strong. Though miles separated them, Giulia and Roberto kept in touch as best they could with phone calls and handwritten letters detailing all the adventures they were having apart from each other.

Months passed until at last Giulia made it back home for winter break. On that very special night when she stepped off the train at Palermo station, she found Roberto waiting there for her with a bouquet of flowers. The two embraced tightly as if no time had passed between them at all; this night marked the beginning of a beautiful romance that would last through many years to come.

The couple spent every waking moment together exploring the city that they both loved so much: tasting freshly made gelato on cobblestone streets, running along sandy beaches under starlit skies, and sharing stories about their dreams for the future. As winter came to an end, Giulia returned to Rome but not before making a promise with Roberto - someday soon he would join her there in pursuit of his own dreams.

True to his word, decades later - when Giulia was retired after a long career as an economist - Roberto surprised her by arriving in Rome with bags full of clothes and books ready to start a new life together again just like old times. They strolled hand-in-hand through narrow alleys breathing in smells of basil and jasmine drifting through open windows until eventually finding themselves at fascinating baroque palaces along grand boulevards constructed hundreds of years prior.... proving that true love can overcome any obstacles no matter how great or small.

0
0
0
s2sdefault

Donate a little?

Use PayPal to support our efforts:

Amount

Genre Poll

Your Favorite Genre?

Sign Up for info from Short-Story.Me!

Stories Tips And Advice