User Rating: 5 / 5

Star ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar Active
 

In the mystical land of Japan, there lived a Ryūjin shinkō dragon by the name of Viryu. Viryu was an ashen-colored dragon with black spots, and she was a protector of nature. She had lived for centuries, watching over the land and its inhabitants, but she had become increasingly despondent in recent times. The people of Japan had begun to neglect their traditions and beliefs, and this was having a detrimental effect on the land. The rivers were polluted, the forests were being destroyed, and the animals were suffering.

Viryu had always loved cute things, and she found solace in collecting Sanrio merchandise. In 1974, the Sanrio Company, Ltd. created its mascot, Hello Kitty. Viryu was enamored with the mascot and started collecting it together with many other Sanrio characters' merchandise. She would spend hours upon hours in stores and markets all the while disguised in human form, scouring for any Sanrio merchandise that she could find. She became obsessed with Hello Kitty and other Sanrio characters and started hoarding merchandise like there was no tomorrow.

At first, her obsession brought her happiness. She would take her treasures back to her cave and spend hours organizing them. But soon, her hoarding became a problem. She began to buy more and more merchandise with the offerings people would give her at her temple, and she had no place to put it. She started stacking boxes on top of boxes until her cave was filled to the brim.

Her hoarding habits became so bad that she created a giant mountain of Sanrio merchandise that now blocked the sun in Japan. The mountain was bigger than Mount Fuji, and it cast a dark shadow over the land, leaving Japan without sunlight. The people of Japan were unhappy, and they started to blame Viryu for her unhealthy obsession.

The mountain of Sanrio merchandise that Viryu had created became a significant problem for the people of Japan. It had grown so massive that it now blocked the sun, leaving the land without sunlight. This had severe consequences for the people, as the lack of sunlight caused crops to fail, and many animals became sick and died. The people were unable to go about their daily lives, as everything was now shrouded in darkness.

The mountain of merchandise was gargantuan in size, much larger than Mount Fuji. It stretched as far as the eye could see and was made up of thousands upon thousands of boxes of Sanrio merchandise. The mountain was so large that it became a landmark, and people came from far and wide to see it. However, the novelty has worn off fast, and the people of Japan are now struggling to deal with the consequences of Viryu's hoarding habits.

The mountain is also a significant danger to the people of Japan. The weight of the merchandise was causing the ground to become unstable, and there was a risk that it could collapse at any moment. If this were to happen, it would cause devastation on an unprecedented scale. The people of Japan were living in fear, not knowing when or if the mountain would come crashing down on them.

The size of the mountain also caused other problems. The sheer volume of merchandise caused shipping lanes to become clogged, and the supply chain for other goods has been disrupted. The economy of Japan was suffering, and many businesses had to close their doors as a result. It was a maddening disaster. Even if it was a cute one with the face of a cute white kitty cat mascot.

Viryu felt ashamed of herself. She knew that she had lost her way and had forgotten her duties as a protector of nature. She knew that she needed to change, but she didn't know how to undo the damage that she had done.

One day, a young boy stumbled upon Viryu's cave while playing in the woods. He was surprised to find a dragon hoarding Sanrio merchandise, and he couldn't believe how big the mountain had become. The boy realized that something needed to be done, so he ran back to his village and told the elders about the dragon and her hoard.

The elders listened to the boy's story and realized that they needed to do something to help Viryu. They knew that she was a protector of nature, and they didn't want to see her suffer. So they decided to come up with a plan to help her.

They organized a group of people to go to Viryu's cave and speak to her. When they arrived, Viryu was surprised to see so many people. She had expected them to be angry with her, but instead, they wanted to help her.

The elders spoke to Viryu, telling her how much they appreciated her work in protecting the land. They explained to her that they had noticed her hoarding behavior and that they wanted to help her. They offered to help her find a way to organize her merchandise and find a new place to store it.

Viryu was touched by their kindness. She had never expected anyone to care about her hoard, let alone help her with it. She agreed to let them help her, and they spent the next few weeks sorting through her merchandise and finding a new place to store it. That was when something unexpected happened. The people of Japan started to realize that Viryu's hoarding was a symptom of a more significant problem: their own lack of attention to tradition and the well-being of their homeland. They had neglected their roots, and as a result, Viryu had become depressed and desperate for something to cling to.

They started going to Viryu's shrine to pray and take history classes, trying to learn more about themselves and their heritage. They began to understand the importance of combining the aesthetics of nature with their modern times, to live both enjoying the miracles of technology and the beauty of nature. And the more they did so, the more Viryu started to come out of her depression.

One day, Viryu realized that she had to do something about her hoarding and the mountain of cuteness, and it had to be something drastic. And so, using her magical powers, by summoning the forces of the ocean and nature, she created a Giant Orb of water that she covered her hoard and sent it off into space, towards the sun, to burn and disperse in its heat. In the end, everyone was happy. Viryu had protected her land, and the people of Japan had found a new appreciation for their traditions and beliefs.

With the help of the people of Japan, Viryu was able to overcome her hoarding behavior and rekindle her passion for protecting the land. She began to fly over the land once again, watching over the rivers and the forests, and making sure that the animals were safe. And with her newfound clarity, she was able to see just how important it was to maintain the balance between nature and human civilization.

We like to find solace in the things we like or find cute. But be careful to avoid making a mountain of problems for yourself and others.

0
0
0
s2sdefault

Donate a little?

Use PayPal to support our efforts:

Amount

Genre Poll

Your Favorite Genre?

Sign Up for info from Short-Story.Me!

Stories Tips And Advice