Print

The Android

Friday 1st August 3000.

15:00 hrs.

 

The Android’s operating system had been engaged.

Across the length and breadth of the surface of its shining-silver humanesque-shaped form which stood motionless, erect and silent; a multitude of flashing, white lights scattered like a trillion high-speed, illuminous ant trails, as its remodified programming took hold.

A select, expectant crowd had gathered and had encircled the Android. Then, from their midst, a slim, grey haired and bespeckled, old looking man in a bright, white lab coat stepped forward towards the gleaming silver machine and as he did so he was greeted by those that had gathered, with the sound of a gentle applause.

“Ladies and Gentlemen...” He paused.

A sudden glut of laughter coursed in all directions and dimensions of the room before subsiding almost as swiftly as it had arrived.

“I am pleased...” the old man continued, “to see so many faces, and so many that I know, here to witness this wonderful special event. I know that this is something that we have all been looking forward to for a very very long time. I know also that for some of us, and quite understandably, it will have seemed that this day would never be possible….”

As the old man’s words broke the air the Android’s eyelids slid softly to their widest opening enabling the soft, pale-indigo neon illume that shone from within to taint and decorate the nearby surround.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce you,” the old man said, “to my Father and creator, Zebulan X2000.”

 

End

 

Bio

Peace is a UK born poetry, short story and scriptwriter. Away from writing he likes listening to audio dramas or podcasts and reading graphic novels.

0
0
0
s2sdefault